Quad Cities aims to be a good neighbor and is very active in the local community.
Sponsorship: In addition to the list below, the power plant sponsors several community events, including the Quad City Air Show, Steamer Shootout Class ‘A’ Summer Basketball Tournament, Mississippi River Clean-up and the Great River Tug. The station also sponsors numerous community events and youth sports teams as well as two children’s summer reading programs at local public libraries.
- Honor Flight of the Quad Cities: Quad Cities made a $10,000 donation to Honor Flight of the Quad Cities. The purpose of Honor Flight is to fly America's veterans to Washington, D.C. to visit the memorials dedicated to honoring their sacrifices.
- Library Summer Reading Programs: For several years, Quad Cities Station has been the major sponsor of four local library summer reading programs. Hundreds of are children have benefited from these programs.
- John Deere Classic Golf Tournament: Quad Cities Station is one of the sponsors of the annual PGA golf tournament that brings thousands of dollars of revenue into the area economy.
- Fulton Community Holiday Dinner: Quad Cities Station is the major sponsor of this Christmas Day dinner for the community. Annual over 500 meals are served included meals are delivered to shut-ins in the area.
- Employee Giving & Volunteerism: Quad Cities’ employees give generously to the community through a variety of charitable activities including local United Way chapters. The station has been repeatedly recognized as an area leader by the United Way of the Quad Cities. The station also sponsors multiple blood drives throughout the year, helping local hospitals. Quad Cities employees also run food, toy and fundraising drives to support various community groups and agencies.