Byron aims to be a good neighbor and is active in its surrounding communities.
- Sponsorship: In addition to the examples below, Byron Station sponsors many other events and organizations, including the Byron and Oregon Chamber of Commerce, the Byron Lions and Rotary, the Mt. Morris Women’s Club, Northern Illinois Bassmasters, Ogle County CASA, and Oregon Park District.
- Education: Byron Station sponsored educational efforts including a summer reading program in Mt. Morris, resource room at Stillman Valley High School, Winnebago H.S. robotics team, and winter lecture series at the Byron Forest Preserve District. The station also sponsored $1,000 scholarships for graduating seniors at Byron, Oregon and Stillman Valley High Schools.
- Community Events: Byron Generating Station sponsors seven different festivals in the communities around the facility. These grants, totaling $12,000, include sponsorships of Autumn on Parade and Rockin River Fest in Oregon, ByronFest, Leaf River Daze, the Let It Ring festival in Mt. Morris, the Ogle County Fair, and Stillman Valley Fall Festival.
- Community Improvement and Theater Donations: Provided more than $2,000 to Habitat for Humanity – Oregon Council, and sponsored the 2018-2019 program of the Byron Civic Theatre.
- Employee Giving and Volunteerism: Byron Station and its employees donate more than $250,000 to area non-profits through the Employee Giving Campaign and site Charitable Contributions.