Clinton aims to be a good neighbor and is active in the local community.
- Sponsorship: The facility sponsors several community events, including a series of free summer concerts in Clinton. It also sponsors youth sports teams.
Employee Giving & Volunteerism: The station provided more than $100,000 in direct financial support to a wide range of area civic organizations, activities and events in 2018, including employee pledges to the United Way through Exelon’s annual campaign. The plant also sponsors blood drives throughout the year, helping local hospitals. The station’s Women In Nuclear Committee runs food, toy and fund drives to support various community groups and agencies.
- The Vault Youth Center: Clinton Power Station employees donated over $10,000 in 2018 to help with renovations to a former retail space on the Clinton downtown square. The Vault was nominated as the Clinton Power Station Charity of Choice for 2017 and continues to be supported through many volunteer hours from CPS employees.
- Land of Lincoln Honor Flight: Station employees raised more than $18,000 for the Land of Lincoln Honor Flight program in 2018 through site raffles, fundraising events and individual donations. With many veterans of the Armed Forces working at the station, employees also donated more than $25,000 to the Wounded Warrior Project through individual pledge cards.
- DeWitt County Museum: Clinton Power Station helps to sponsor the annual Apple & Pork Festival in Clinton. This event showcases the rich agrarian history of Clinton and DeWitt County. With Clinton Power Station’s help the museum was able to pay for the sound stage which provided entertainment to the 100,000 visitors over the two day festival.
- Employee Giving and Volunteerism: Byron Station and its employees donate more than $250,000 to area non-profits through the Employee Giving Campaign and site Charitable Contributions.